In January 1940 The company’s founder, Mr R D van Millingen was amongst a small group of young engineers taken on by Frank Whittle at Power Jets Ltd who were developing the first aero gas turbine.
Having moved to Ravensthorpe after the end of Power Jets Ltd, Mr van Millingen formed the company and set about growing mushrooms to provide income whilst designing the first optical Torquemeter.
Sub contract orders from Rolls Royce. Other early customer were: Alvis, RAE Farnborough, English Electric, Rolls Royce Derby, B T H Rugby, Bristol Aero engines, DEMAG Germany,Austin Motor Company.
Production of a standard range of optical Torquemeters viz GP 60, GP 350 and GP 2000.
Design of low mass moment flexible disc couplings were installed at several nuclear power stations on boiler feed pumps.
Change from Optical to Phase Shift.
The first standard range ET60HS Torquemeter produced leading to a range of very high speed torquemeters with oil lubricated bearings, speeds of up to 75000 rpm.
The first CD multiple order, four units for British Gas St Fergus gas compression plant, using RB211 gas generators.
James van Millingen joined the company from Rolls Royce Derby with his brother Ben coming a few months later having worked for a company that produced submarine power units.
Purchase of our first CNC Lathe.
Purchase of IBM PC, the first, and for some time only computer, had a twenty megabyte hard drive and two 5.25” floppy drives.
New Building officially opened by John Lowther.
Company provides turnkey test rigs for amongst others Lucas Aerospace.
Awarded Queens Award for Export.
Order received for largest Test Rig, a Compressor Test Rig Torquemeter and Transmission from Nancal Drive Systems.
Purchase of EDM Wire Cutting machine enhancing our machining capability internally and the installation of the Large Static Calibration Rig.
Launch of 800 Family Electronics.
In 2016, the new factory opened.