OUR PRODUCTSTest Bed Torquemeters Continuous Duty High Speed Couplings Test Stands/Systems 800 Series
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering company that enjoys a global reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test systems. Covering Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Motorsport, Automotive and Research markets.
Design engineers at Torquemeters study, research and develop ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of bespoke rotating machinery, couplings and test beds that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, whilst ensuring the design is as cost effective and efficient as possible, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- studying a design brief
- brainstorming design solutions
- performing initial sizing calculations
- researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create viable solutions
- conducting and documenting formal design reviews
- producing detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.
- creating the inspection and test schedule
Applicants must have:
- A 2.1 degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3D CAD / 2D CAD experience and abilities; ideally CREO
Key skill requirements
- a creative flair and design ability
- strong visual and spatial awareness
- excellent attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
- strong maths and IT skills
- problem solver, self-starter and multi-tasker
- strong written and oral communication, with good interpersonal manner
- commercial awareness
- proven time management and procedural abilities
We offer an excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus. 25 days paid annual leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays.
As an employee of Torquemeters Limited you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and own transport plus a full UK driving licence will be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a personal statement, to email@example.com