OUR PRODUCTSTest Bed Torquemeters Continuous Duty High Speed Couplings Test Stands/Systems 800 Series
Research and Development Engineer
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems.
We wish to recruit a Research and Development Engineer to grow the strengths of the engineering team and assist the company in its growth plans.
Research and Development engineers at Torquemeters study, research and develop ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of rotating machinery, couplings and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
Typical duties in the role will include:
- providing timely support for new product enquiries
- producing innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions
- creating 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings
- the ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly
- working on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities
- the selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes
Applicants must have:
- a 2.1 degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as mechanical and / or electrical engineering, together with demonstrable experience in a similar role
- advanced Excel skills
Key skill requirements
- innovative and resourceful
- self-motivated and resourcefulness
- strong maths and IT skills
- strong written and oral communication, with good interpersonal manner
- commercial awareness
- proven time management and procedural abilities
- be able to demonstrate achievements in practical technical activities outside of work
For the right candidate we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and your own transport will therefore be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a personal statement, to firstname.lastname@example.org