OUR PRODUCTSTest Bed Torquemeters Continuous Duty High Speed Couplings Test Stands/Systems 800 Series
Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Reporting To: Systems Manager
Salary: Between £40,000 – £50,000 per annum. (Dependent on candidate abilities and experience)
This is a rare opportunity to join a specialist engineering company that enjoys a global reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test systems. Covering Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, Research and Oil & Gas markets.
We wish to recruit a Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to strengthen our Control Systems team covering specification, design, development and implementation of our control and data acquisition systems.
- Wide ranging, with active involvement in a range of engineering projects, to include
interaction with customers and internal departments as required.
- Design, development and commissioning of control systems, including variable speed
motors and drives, PLC based test systems
- Development of Torquemeters data acquisition system (TorDac)
- Diagnose and rectify faults to validate products
- Ensuring designs meet legislative requirements
- Create system specifications and test documentation
- Assist with commissioning systems both in-house and at customer sites within UK and
- 25% site-based dependant on project location and timescales
- Qualified to BTEC / degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Practical experience of designing and developing control and/or instrumentation systems
- PLC and Drive Systems programming and commissioning
- Experienced in electrical CAD (moderate level)
- Microsoft Office packages, to include Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to lead a small team or work alone as required
- Self-motivated with effective time management to meet project timescales
- Possessing elevated levels of written and verbal communication
- Able to travel and work internationally as required
- Siemens Step 7 / TIA Portal / Controllogix / Beckhoff PLC / Codesys
- National Instruments Data Acquisition
- Visual Basic / C++
- Embedded Microcontrollers (PIC / 8052 / Arduino)
- E-Plan or AutoCAD Electrical CAD Design
We offer an excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance benefits, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus.
25 days paid annual leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays
Additional payment is made for offsite travel and overtime during commissioning activities
As an employee of Torquemeters Limited you will operate in accordance with our Quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and own transport plus a full UK driving licence will be required
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with 1⁄2 hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Please send in your CV, together with a personal statement, to email@example.com.